Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Generations

My grandmother is 96 years old. She still lives by herself in a senior apartment and can read without glasses. She can also touch her toes, and will show you if prompted to do so. She has 4 great grandchildren and one more on the way. I was blessed to know 4 out of my 8 great grandparents. My kids love their great grandma. Well, this summer my mom found an old blouse of my grandma's that she couldn't wear anymore and thought it would make a cute outfit for the girls. We took parts of her blouse and made 3 matching blouses for the girls out of the material. We even re-cycled the buttons. Then my mom was hemming my grandmother's sheets and she had some extra material. She took the extra material and together, she and I made matching pants to go with the girls matching outfits. In a way, these outfits are generational, made out of their great-grandmothers blouse and sheets, by their Nina (grandmother) and their mother, and worn by the 3 Blake girls. Pretty special. In order to preserve the memory of the girls wearing these generational outfits, I decided that we should all take a pictures to remember the outfits. Here is how it all turned out.












1 comment:

Tom and Leah said...

you are so amazing. nothing left to say.