Monday, August 6, 2007

a little hiccup

The morning of homeschooling day 2 started off with a sweet little "hello" coming down the hall. (Kelly's way of finding me in the morning) I gave her a hug and noticed she was having difficulty breathing. I gave her a few puffs of the inhaler and she was still not breathing so well. By 9 o'clock nothing had changed and I called the Dr. It is day 2 of homeschooling and I might as well throw the schedule away.

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
We spent most of the morning getting to and from the Dr and pharmacist. We rushed home, ate, and then headed over to my mom's house in order to get there before Keaton's nap. Truthfully I was a little disappointed that I had not accomplished any school, but I quickly laid down my agenda and accepted God's. I got the girls down for their naps and found that Landon and I had some spare time. He did his handwriting and then read some more of the "Bob" books to me and Nina. I realized that even though the day was totally crazy and completely out of my control God still allowed me time to get some school in. We all know He will provide for us, but do we realize that He will also provide time for us to do the things we need to get done. I have learned my second lesson in this adventure I am on and it is that I don't need to stress over the schedule because God is going to provide time for me to teach my children throughout the day. I just need to rely on Him to show me those teachable moments and to capitalize on them when they come.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed!

1 comment:

Tom and Leah said...

alright, now we need more!